Quebec is Canada’s largest province and the only one to have a predominantly french-speaking population. It’s a hotbed for magic mushroom activity, home to nine different species of psychedelic shrooms.
As Quebec has plenty of stunning national and provincial parks like Mont Orford national park, in addition to vibrant cities, it’s a beautiful place to experience magic mushrooms and explore Canada’s second-most populous province with fantastic sites like the Montmorency Falls and Laurentian mountains.
Are Shrooms Legal in Quebec?
Magic mushrooms are not legal in Quebec (same as all parts in North America), as they are classified as Schedule III drugs under Canada’s Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
This means it is illegal to possess magic mushrooms in Canada unless approved for a trial or use in medical settings or research-based projects.
Some clinical tests and trials have been approved for health benefits by Health Canada. Numinous and Mindspace are some of the organizations that are leading the change in shrooms law worldwide.
It isn’t illegal to buy spore kits, though. These allow users to grow their magic mushrooms from scratch while staying out of trouble with the law.
Where to Buy Shrooms in Quebec
While it is possible to hunt for the nine species found in Quebec naturally, this can take time, require great techniques, and sometimes be unsuccessful. Additionally, it can be risky if you pick the wrong type of mushroom.
The safest and fastest way to buy the drug is to use an online dispensary in Canada, which will send the magic mushrooms order straight to your door.
They provide many order options, and you can be relaxed knowing that the shrooms have been cultivated adequately.
Magic Mushrooms in Montreal
Prices of psychedelics will vary from country to country and city to city. Prices will also vary depending on the type of product you purchase and the amount.
For example, 30 pills can cost as low as $80, whereas some whole dried mushrooms can be as expensive as $450 per ounce.
Moreover, focus on the psychedelics dosage you want to use since an excessive amount can be dangerous and very tempting to use all at once.
Keep in mind that the prices are in Canadian dollars and not United States dollars. Here is a quick break cost down of the magic mushroom products that you can get in Montreal, Quebec:
Dried magic mushrooms
The average cost of whole dried mushrooms in Montreal, Canada, is $7-$12 for one gram. Therefore, an eighth of dried mushrooms can cost as little as $20 or as high as $40.
The type and strain will influence the price difference, which implies the most potent species will always be more expensive due to the high levels of the active compounds.
For a massive dose of an ounce, you can expect to buy the whole dried mushrooms for $200 or as high as $350. The average price for an ounce is usually between $200-$250.
Edibles (like cookies) and micro-doses
These are small amounts of magic mushrooms that get weighed in milligrams (mg). Micro-dose capsules can be as cheap as $80 for a bottle of 30 pills in Montreal, Quebec.
However, the price can be higher than the dried shrooms since the amount of mushroom in each edible may vary from seller to seller.
This is an important aspect to note since it can distort the volume of shrooms in your system, making you have a bad trip.
The cost of magic mushrooms in Montreal, Quebec City, can fluctuate with online dispensaries, especially if they have sales or membership loyalty discounts.
The Fun Guys, for example, give you a discount that can save you 20% of the cost of the magic mushrooms. Feel free to use the discount code TFG on your next purchase to save a few bucks on major products.
Magic Mushrooms in Montreal, Canada
Montreal, Canada, is a mixing pot of culture, art, fashion, food, and technology. So check out a Montreal Canadians hockey game and throw yourself into the electric atmosphere if you enjoy hockey.
There are many exciting things to do in Montreal, such as exploring Old Montreal, Montreal Botanical Garden, and Notre-Dame Basilica.
It’s the perfect city to walk around on foot, so you can make the most out of your shroom trip and admire the beauty that Montreal has to offer.
Shrooms That Grow in Quebec
The province of Quebec is home to several shrooms found in different habitats.
Shrooms that grow near Quebec city include:
- Gymnopilus luteus –Also known as the ‘Yellow Gymnopilus’ due to its bright yellow colour. Gymnopilus luteus is generally found growing on dead hardwood trees from June to November.
- Gymnopilus speciosissimus – This species of magic mushroom grows in August and September on decomposed hardwood.
- Gymnopilus viridans – The Gymnopilus viridans is a rare type of magic mushroom that grows on coniferous wood.
- Panaeolus cinctulus – These shrooms are most commonly known as ‘banded mottlegill’ and ‘weed Panaeolus.’ The best time to search for Panaeolus cinctulus is after rain, in the spring-fall seasons. It is usually found growing in compost piles, fertilized lawns, and occasionally on horse dung.
- Panaeolus olivaceus – This small brown shroom grows in rich grassy areas, usually from late summer all the way through to December. It is popularly found across North and South America.
- Pholiotina cyanopus – Pholiotina cyanopus is found in North America, Europe, and Asia. It tends to grow in fields, lawns, and grassy areas but is not very common to come across.
- Psilocybe aztecorum – The best time to look for Psilocybe aztecorum is from August to November. This type of magic mushroom is commonly found in woodlands, so keep an eye out for decaying dead wood, leaves, sticks, and debris.
- Psilocybe caerulipes – This rare type of psilocybin mushroom is often nicknamed ‘blue-foot.’ It likes to grow in deciduous forests, especially on decaying hardwood, plant matter, and debris. The best time of the year to look for these shrooms is from late May – December.
- Psilocybe semilanceata – A very popular type of magic mushroom, Psilocybe semilanceata is also commonly known as the ‘liberty cap.’ It grows in grasslands, such as meadows, pastures, and lawns. It grows in seven different parts of Canada, including Quebec.
The province of Quebec is a fantastic place to enjoy shroom products responsibly. So the next time you’re in the area, be sure to check out some of the sights mentioned above, which will give your shroom trip the boost it needs.
Can I get a free sample of magic mushrooms in Montreal?
You can easily find online dispensaries with free sample promotions that will send you a specific amount of shrooms with no hidden fees, shipping costs, or purchases required. For example, the Fun Guys currently have a micro-dose sample give-away for a limited time.
The micro-dose has many benefits that help you deal with mental health conditions like depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
It also helps beat destructive habits like alcohol addiction, cocaine addiction, cluster headaches, or other end-of-life psychological distress.
Step 1: Get free products sample through our Twitter page
- Visit The Fun Guys on Twitter and follow our Page.
- Like, comment, and tag three friends to three tweets followed by retweeting those three tweets. You can choose to take an extra step to write a review on our Twitter page; the review will earn you an additional 2nd sample for free too.
- Proceed to send a screenshot of the above actions to [email protected]
- Please register on our site at thefunguys.com to have an address to send your free micro-dose.
Step 2: Get free products sample through our Instagram page
- Visit The Fun Guys on Instagram and follow our Page.
- Like, comment, and tag three friends to three of our Instagram posts
- Use the #thefunguys in the comment section and while sharing with your friends.
- Proceed to send a screenshot of the above actions to [email protected].
- After sending it to our email address, register on our website at thefunguys.com to have an address to send you the free micro-dose sample.