Quebec is Canada’s largest province, and the only to have a predominantly french-speaking population. It’s a hotbed for magic mushroom activity, home to nine different species of psychedelic shrooms.
As Quebec has plenty of stunning national and provincial parks, in addition to vibrant cities, it’s a wonderful place to experience magic mushrooms and explore Canada’s second most populous province.
Are Shrooms Legal in Quebec?
Magic mushrooms are not legal in Quebec, as they are classified as Schedule lll drugs under Canada’s Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. This means it is illegal to possess magic mushrooms unless they are approved for use in medical settings or for research based projects.
It isn’t illegal to buy spore kits though. These allow the user to grow their own magic mushrooms from scratch, whilst staying out of trouble with the law.
Where to Buy Shrooms in Quebec
As Quebec is a great province to enjoy taking magic mushrooms in, you’re probably wondering where you can get hold of some. Whilst it is possible to hunt for the nine species found in Quebec naturally, this can take time and sometimes results in being unsuccessful. Additionally, it can be risky if you pick the wrong type of mushroom.
The safest and fastest way is to use an online dispensary, which will send the magic mushrooms straight to your door. They provide lots of options to order from, and you can be relaxed knowing that all the shrooms have been properly cultivated.
Magic Mushrooms in Montreal
Montreal is a mixing pot of culture, art, fashion, food and technology. If you enjoy hockey, check out a Montreal Candians hockey game and throw yourself into the electric atmosphere. There are many interesting things to do in Montreal, such as exploring Old Montreal, Montreal Botanical Garden and Notre-Dame Basilica.
It’s the perfect city to walk around on foot, so you can really make the most out of your shroom trip and admire the beauty that Montreal has to offer.
Magic Mushrooms That Grow in Quebec
The province of Quebec is home to a number of shrooms, found in different habitats.
Shrooms which grow in Quebec include:
- Gymnopilus luteus – Also known as the ‘Yellow Gymnopilus’ due to its bright yellow color. Gymnopilus luteus is generally found growing on dead hardwood trees, from the month of June to November.
- Gymnopilus speciosissimus – This species of magic mushroom grows in the months of August and September. It can be found growing on decomposed hardwood.
- Gymnopilus viridans – The Gymnopilus viridans is a very rare type of magic mushroom, which is known to grow on coniferous wood.
- Panaeolus cinctulus – These shrooms are most commonly known as ‘banded mottlegill’ and ‘weed Panaeolus’. The best time to search for Panaeolus cinctulus is after rain, in the spring – fall seasons. It can usually be found growing in compost piles, fertilized lawns and occasionally on horse dung.
- Panaeolus olivaceus – This small brown magic mushroom is widely distributed. It grows in rich grassy areas, usually from late summer all the way through to December. It is popularly found across North and South America.
- Pholiotina cyanopus – Pholiotina cyanopus can be found in North America, Europe and Asia. It tends to grow in fields, lawns and grassy areas but is not very common to come across.
- Psilocybe aztecorum – The best time to look for Psilocybe aztecorum is from August to November. This type of magic mushroom is commonly found in woodlands, so keep an eye out for decaying dead wood, leaves, sticks and debris.
- Psilocybe caerulipes – This rare type of psilocybin mushroom is often nicknamed ‘blue-foot’. It likes to grow in deciduous forests, especially on decaying hardwood, plant matter and debris. The best time of the year to look for these shrooms is from late May – December.
- Psilocybe semilanceata – A very popular type of magic mushroom, Psilocybe semilanceata is also commonly known as the ‘liberty cap’. It grows in grasslands, such as meadows, pastures and lawns. It grows in seven different parts of Canada, including Quebec.
With plenty of shrooms to choose from in the province, it’s tempting to go hunting for some. If you do come across any type of mushroom, make sure to carefully check it against a trusted magic mushroom guide to avoid ingesting a poisonous mushroom.
Quebec is a fantastic place to enjoy magic mushrooms responsibly. So the next time you’re in the area, be sure to check out some of the above mentioned sights which will give your shroom trip the boost it needs.